I'm a forty two year old bass player. Not ready to be done, yet. I only mention it because it matters to some people. I've been playing all of my adult life, and then some. I've been in regularly gigging bands for nearly as long. Quite a few of them. My last band, Samyaza, just broke up in September after six years. Looking to find another original metal band. Not really looking to do death metal. Not really looking to do nu-metal or industrial, either. I don't really care for covers. Other than that, I'm fairly open. I'm also open to starting something new. Not afraid to put the work of getting a new project off the ground. Would actually kinda prefer it. It allows me to put some of my stamp on the musical direction.
What do I want?
in no order...
1. I want to be in a band that practices multiple times a week. That has productive, yet fun practices.
2. A band that plays out at least twice a month, but preferably more. And not just in Milwaukee, but all over the state and out of state as often as possible. Shows are the payoff for me that makes all the work that gets put into the band worth it.
3. I want to be in a band where my creative input is valued, but where I'm not writing ninety percent of the riffs. I'm not looking to do a solo project. It gets tiring doing most of the creative heavy lifting.
4. I want to record a full length album at least once every two years. It really helps with remaining relevant on the scene. It helps with keeping folks coming to your shows if you always have new stuff.
5. I want to make music with people I get along with. Seriously, it makes things easier. A band should be like family. You're going to have disagreements from time to time, but there should be no hard feelings at the end of the day. This kinda goes hand in hand with fun and productive practices.
6. I want to make music that I find exciting. I've done a lot of different stuff. I listen to a lot of different stuff. I want to do something heavy. I'm open to doing something more musical. I would love if I found the songs to be a little challenging. Not really looking to death metal anymore. Also, I've never been much of a fan of "Five Finger Lamb of Avenged SevenKnot Teeney-Bopper Core". But hey, if you think that you can change my mind... But I still want it to be metal. Not punk. Not classic rock. Hell, I'm currently already in a classic rock cover band...
7. I would prefer not to be the only dude with a truck...
8. I don't want to do pay to plays.
9. While I am cool with most of the musicians that I've ever been in bands with, there are a couple that I refuse to play shows with because I'm happier without them and their drama in my life.
10. I would prefer to be in a band with people my age, but it's not a deal breaker either way. It makes things a little easier if we can all relate somewhat to music, but I'm not afraid to have my eyes and ears opened to new music. A lot of times it's exciting. There's also not a whole lot of guys my age who still really want to do it.
11. I would love to be in a band with experienced musicians. At least somewhat. Not sure if I still have the time or patience to teach somebody how to be in a band...
So... I essentially want to be in a functioning full-time band. I want music to be fun again. I want to be in a band that wants to play a lot of shows. I want something that is going to make me get better as a musician. Hopefully, I'm not asking too much. I'm more than willing to put the work in to get the right project off the ground. Even if it means just starting off as me and a drummer...
Contact by email: hangman_28[at]hotmail.com (to contact this user, replace '[at]' with '@' in their address and use your email program. This is done to prevent spam bots from harvesting email addresses.
posted on: 11/18/2017 10:06:45 AM
Please note that you should be very conscious of any possible scams when placing or replying to an ad on any website including MilwaukeeRocks.com. Anyone offering you a large amount of 'extra' money or offering to direct deposit into your bank account should be regarded as a fraud and a scam. You should never give your bank account, passwords, social security number, credit card number, or even birthdate and full name to ANYONE when responding to an ad on any website.